Fordyce Spots Support Forum
I just got treatment - Printable Version

+- Fordyce Spots Support Forum (http://www.fordycespotsforum.com)
+-- Forum: Fordyce Spots / Sebaceous Prominence (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Fordyce Spots Diagnosis (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: I just got treatment (/showthread.php?tid=91309)

I just got treatment - Alabama3102 - 08-24-2018 07:52 PM

I've had fordyce spots on my lips and other places for almost 20 years (I'm 35 now). I finally got up the courage to go to the dermatologist and she was so nice. She used a cauterization laser on the patches of fordyce spots on my lips. Along with the laser, she scraped it with some sort of sharp tool.

My advise is if you're worried about your appearance and being able to be social again, then get the cauterization laser done. It basically cooks and destroys all the skin just like a normal burn would but you will not have to worry about the spots coming back because they have been "roasted". In Alabama, the procedure cost me $400 and it's worth every penny. It'll take a week for it to heal, so be prepared to stay at home and away from everyone because your lip will swell up and look like you've been stung by a volcanic wasp until it heals.

RE: I just got treatment - renan - 08-26-2018 03:42 AM

hi can you post a pic after heal the scars?

RE: I just got treatment - Alabama3102 - 08-26-2018 10:16 AM

I sure will! It will probably be healed by the end of the upcoming week (this is sunday morning). There is no question that this will do the trick. The only question is if there will be scarring or not.

RE: I just got treatment - renan - 08-30-2018 05:28 AM

yes exactly me afraid trying other method hehe. thanks bro

RE: I just got treatment - jake7 - 09-10-2018 10:16 PM

(08-24-2018 07:52 PM)Alabama3102 Wrote:  I've had fordyce spots on my lips and other places for almost 20 years (I'm 35 now). I finally got up the courage to go to the dermatologist and she was so nice. She used a cauterization laser on the patches of fordyce spots on my lips. Along with the laser, she scraped it with some sort of sharp tool.

My advise is if you're worried about your appearance and being able to be social again, then get the cauterization laser done. It basically cooks and destroys all the skin just like a normal burn would but you will not have to worry about the spots coming back because they have been "roasted". In Alabama, the procedure cost me $400 and it's worth every penny. It'll take a week for it to heal, so be prepared to stay at home and away from everyone because your lip will swell up and look like you've been stung by a volcanic wasp until it heals.

How is your lip now ?