Fordyce Spots Support Forum
Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel - Printable Version

+- Fordyce Spots Support Forum (http://www.fordycespotsforum.com)
+-- Forum: Fordyce Spots / Sebaceous Prominence (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Treatments and home remedies (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel (/showthread.php?tid=90142)

Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel - michael1981 - 09-19-2017 12:49 PM

Hi everyone. I've been a long time lurker on this (and other fordyce spots forums), but never really had anything to contribute before now. But the short version of this post is: I've been using something called Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel and it seems to be reducing my sebaceaous prominence!

Here's a link to the product I've been using: https://www.avene.co.uk/face/products-for-daily-use/oily-and-blemish-prone-skin/cleanance-cleansing-gel

Now for the long version: I'm in my mid thirties with a long term partner (who doesn't care about my SP) but even so I've always hated the appearance of it on my penis. I'd say it was about a 6-7, not as bad as some pics i've seen, but definitely very visible - all along the lower half of my shaft, especially underneath, and also on my scrotum. I've tried all kinds of things in the past that people have recommended but never seen any results, until ...

I was having a shower one morning, and saw my girlfriend (who is always trying out new cleaning/cleansing products) had left out this stuff called Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel. The gel is a bright blue colour, maybe that's what caught my eye, but i picked up the bottle and had a read of the back and immediately saw that on the description it said it contained something called monolaurin which "regulates excess sebum and mattifies your skin". I thought it couldn't hurt to give it a try.

Now, I don't know whether anyone else has this thing with their SP, but after i've had a long shower or bath, i've found that if i stretch the skin of my penis taut and sort of rake my fingers or nails in an upward motion, tiny white dots of the trapped sebum will sometimes come to the surface. I've always wanted to actually squeeze it out but never been able to - its just been painful and nothing much has really happened. That said, it's also made me think that if i could only find the right product to target it, hopefully some of it would get in and do some good.

Well, I finally think I've found that product! Don't worry, I promise I'm not a salesman for Avene or anything; I'm just happy to finally have found something that's made a difference ...

So i started incorporating the cleanance gel into my regular daily shower routine. I found I only needed a small squirt of it as it foams up quite a lot. What I've been doing is, after my regular wash with shower gel, I'll step out from the shower so the water doesn't wash the cleanance gel away, then I'll wipe a smallish dollop of the gel onto my shaft and scrotum, and then - while holding my penis upwards against my belly by the foreskin - just kind of spend as long as i can be bothered working the foam into the skin, sometimes using my fingernails to exfoliate, and always making sure i've really worked it into all the areas that are the most badly affected. I'll usually do this for a couple of minutes or so, then simply wash it off under the shower again and go about my day.

And - no s**t - after like two or three days I began to notice an improvement! Pretty quickly my SP actually looked like it was reducing somewhat and on top of that, my penis skin felt sort of thicker and silkier in a matte kind of way ever since. It's hard to describe, but i already felt a little more confident about that part of my body (which has always bugged me so much).

I'm writing this about a month or so since I started using the gel every morning in the shower, and while it's certainly no magic cure so far, I can say with confidence that my SP has gone down to like a 2 or 3. In some places it seems to have gone completely, in others it's like instead of a large white lump beneath the skin it's reduced to just a small white dot, kind of like a little whitehead. And there's even a couple of places on my shaft which now look like tiny craters, where I'm guessing the SP used to be.

But the best thing is that the overall appearance of my dick is so much better. I feel so much more confident. It's like the skin feels thicker, too, which helps cover it. In the mornings when I go to have a pee, maybe it's because there's more blood in it at that point, but I can hardly see the SP at all unless i stretch the skin. And my boner looks better too. I'm going to continue using the gel as part of my daily shower routine and feel hopeful that it might clear up even more. But even if it just stays like this, I'm already really pleased with the results.

A quick google of this stuff shows that it's kind of pricey (£8 or so here in the UK), but it's pretty easily available on the high street. I obviously can't vouch for it working for anyone else other than myself, but I thought I'd share my findings as I've spent so long checking this forum hoping to find some kind of cure, and I feel excited that I finally have something to contribute! Hence finally starting an account of my own.

Hopefully it might work for some of you guys the way its doing for me! Feel free to ask any more questions. And sorry but I don't have pics - feel a bit uncomfortable sharing photos of my dick on the internet!

RE: Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel - michael1981 - 09-28-2017 12:38 PM

Just a quick update to say that this is STILL working really well for me. My SP has reduced even more - barely noticeable on my shaft now. It's a slow process; I've probably been using it for 6 weeks or so now. I'm already totally happy with the results, but it's easy to keep using it every day as part of my shower routine. Be great if it worked for someone else too!

RE: Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel - unfortunategenetics - 10-16-2017 10:37 PM

I've just picked up something similar from Free Derm which "combats excess oil". I've been using it 1-2 times a day in the shower in the same way as you described, definite huge difference just in the past 3 or 4 days I've been using it.

I'm also going to be doing no dairy + no masturbation + normal water intake (increase for me) for the next 30 days and I'm going to review the progress afterwards.

I honestly think this is the best chance of beating it, even if it does require a lifestyle change. I've noticed in testing that if I increase dairy in my diet it gets worse, if I increase masturbation it gets worse. The reverse is true however I've not ever been able to fully dial back either.

RE: Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel - rockou - 10-19-2017 03:52 AM

(09-28-2017 12:38 PM)michael1981 Wrote:  Just a quick update to say that this is STILL working really well for me. My SP has reduced even more - barely noticeable on my shaft now. It's a slow process; I've probably been using it for 6 weeks or so now. I'm already totally happy with the results, but it's easy to keep using it every day as part of my shower routine. Be great if it worked for someone else too!

Hey Michael! How is it going with the gel? Did it really help you a lot? Tell us some news

RE: Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel - michael1981 - 10-30-2017 02:53 PM

(10-19-2017 03:52 AM)rockou Wrote:  
(09-28-2017 12:38 PM)michael1981 Wrote:  Just a quick update to say that this is STILL working really well for me. My SP has reduced even more - barely noticeable on my shaft now. It's a slow process; I've probably been using it for 6 weeks or so now. I'm already totally happy with the results, but it's easy to keep using it every day as part of my shower routine. Be great if it worked for someone else too!

Hey Michael! How is it going with the gel? Did it really help you a lot? Tell us some news

Hey Rockou,

Gel still going great! Have to admit, it's sort of 'plateaued' now - as in, there's still very small bumps in places which it doesn't seem to shift, and I have the feeling that it will never entirely get rid of it. BUT my SP has gone down so much since I started using it that I'm still really happy. I feel way more confident. I'm still using it every day as part of my shower routine - and yeah, its gone from VERY noticeable at first to tiny white bumps which hardly show up unless you really look.

RE: Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel - toto - 11-03-2017 04:39 PM

hio guys
what about using it on lips? could it work?
if so, do you think it could be harmful for them or because of the product is absorbed by the body(so dangerous for the liver etc.)?

RE: Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel - michael1981 - 11-05-2017 08:55 PM

Hi Toto, I'm guessing the product would be fine on the lips - it's marketed as a face wash after all, so I imagine it should be safe!

And UnfortunateGenetics - that's awesome that you've been getting results - hope it's still working out for you!

RE: Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel - JoeW123 - 11-05-2017 10:46 PM

I'll give it a go in a few weeks... Not overly optimistic because I've tried so many topical treatments but we'll give it a shot. I remember someone else here having success with shower products so it's maybe worth a try. Will update when I've bought it!

RE: Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel - michael1981 - 11-06-2017 10:00 AM

Yeah, do give it a shot Joe! Sometimes I worry that i sound like a salesman for this product or something - I'm really not. Just that it's been the only thing I've ever used that's made any kind of difference.

I've lurked on SP forums for years, and tried all kinds of things - black soap, tea tree oil, etc, etc - and this is the only time I've ever really seen a difference. Be great if someone else tried it, and hope it works for you too. As i said in my initial post, I found that as well as visibly reducing my SP, it also seemed to actually change the quality of my skin a little down there, making it seem thicker and smoother, which gave me an almost immediate confidence boost.

Do hope it works for you too mate!

RE: Avene Cleanance Cleansing Gel - toto - 11-13-2017 09:36 AM

(11-05-2017 08:55 PM)michael1981 Wrote:  Hi Toto, I'm guessing the product would be fine on the lips - it's marketed as a face wash after all, so I imagine it should be safe!

I'll give a shot at it... so far black soap,sulfur soap and tretinoin creme had no effect...my FS are very persistent and radicated in my lips Undecided
I will use it daily before going to bed, how much product?a good massage like trying to do a peeling?

Let's hope to see reductions!